Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
To assist the Chief Conference and Protocol Officer in providing Conference services and in delivering Protocol services within the Court.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the Conference Officer in making all logistical arrangements for plenary sessions, committee meetings and in-house management meetings and other conferences of the Court.
- Assists in making hotel reservations in respect of the above-mentioned meetings.
- Assists in arranging meeting rooms according to the protocol of the occasion.
- Assists in organizing catering services and refreshments during sessions and meetings of Court.
- Assists in making arrangements for the distribution of documents during sessions and meetings.
- Assists in organizing ushers and other support staff towards the achievement of the above tasks.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned by superior officers.
- Assists in making travel arrangements for Members of Court and staff members, including arrangements for visas and tickets.
- Assists in receiving Members of Court, guests and staff members on arrival or in transit at the airport, including arranging for transport to pick them up and making hotel arrangements where necessary.
- Assists in processing applications for Laissez-passers/Passports for Members of Court, staff members and their dependents.
- Assists internationally-recruited staff members in applying for residence permits from the Immigration Service.
- Assists in establishing contact with diplomatic missions, government ministries and offices where necessary.
- Assists in making arrangements for events such as receptions, dinners, award ceremonies.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Brevet de Technicien Superieur (BTS)/OND/HND or equivalent in related field from a university of recognized standing;
- A minimum of an Ordinary National Diploma in Event Management, Hospitality Management or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience in administration, including experience in the area of archives, electronic record management or related area is required.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCES
- ability to engage in positive approaches to team work, participate actively in discussions and the achievement of team goals;
- ability to take responsibility for own career and performance with the occasional guidance from the supervisor/mentor;
- Ability to build capacity of self and others by sharing knowledge, tools, expertise and experience with others to remain proficient and well informed in the execution of assigned role.
- well-developed interpersonal, listening and multitasking skills with a good understanding of client service responsibilities and role in representing ECOWAS values in all interactions;
- ability to take initiative to resolve routine problems associated with assigned tasks using good judgment in involving colleagues or superiors as required;
- ability to work as part of a team with the ability to explain client interactions to resolve concerns, problems and improve services;
- ability to manage own time effectively and organize own work area in a manner that will meet performance expectations related to assigned client services;
- Ability to direct people to the appropriate source for further information and ask for help when overwhelmed with client demands.
- ability to apply culturally-relevant and appropriate approaches with people from diverse cultural backgrounds;
- good diversity management skills to interact with individuals in a manner that is culturally appropriate and in accordance with ECOWAS rules/policies;
- Good knowledge of diversity management as it relates to daily work expectations and assigned tasks.
- good knowledge of the ECOWAS mandate and operational goals of relevance to assigned responsibilities;
- ability to keep up-to-date with Departmental activities, schedules and goals of pertinence to own work team, functional area;
- excellent knowledge of ECOWAS procedures relevant to assigned work and the ability to apply sound judgment in their application;
- Demonstrated strong interest and commitment to ECOWAS values and activities in daily assumption of duties.
- excellent ability to maintain, process and provide accurate information as part of assigned tasks;
- ability to organize files and information for easy retrieval and record keeping;
- ability to spot mistakes, act promptly to correct them and learn from experiences;
- knowledge and ability to challenge and question fundamental assumptions regarding accepted ways of doing things in the spirit of improvement
- excellent ability to use current technology to communicate effectively e.g. office software programs, including spreadsheets, word processing and graphic presentation software; ability to type and format presentations, reports, manuals, newsletters, website content;
- well-developed information sharing skills using technology and in accordance in established processes and practices;
- Advanced verbal assertiveness and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to acknowledge and understand the validity of others’ viewpoints and to respond in a constructive manner;
- proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- ability to allocate time for specific task in a manner that will meet deadlines and quality/quantity expectations
- good organizational skills with an excellent ability to break down work into smaller parts and focusing on the most important steps first;
- with appropriate guidance, ability to contribute to maintaining organizational performance standards throughout implementation of new processes, practices and plans adopted by the Department and of relevance to assigned tasks;
- ability to monitor progress and to consider new goals in the context of assigned responsibilities;
Ability to follow through with commitments made to others