Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Provides essential services to Hon. Judges, Chief Registrar, Deputy Chief Registrar, Parties in respect of the operation of management of cases from the filing of Applications to Judgment.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the direct supervision of the Head of Division, Court Registrar.
- Assist the Court Registrar in managing pending cases before the Court
- Supervise the verification of new applications/court processes before lodgment.
- Assist in the certification of documents.
- Supervision of service of court processes, monitoring of status of translation and internal dispatch of document.
- Liaison with Judge Rapporteur in case load management.
- Monitoring and Execution of Court’s directives on Time limits.
- Assist the HOD, Court Registrar in reviewing status of cases and making recommendations thereto.
- Assist the HOD, Court Registrar in preparing Case Management Reports.
- Supervises the preparation and forwarding of Dockets to Hon. Judges.
- Liaise with Parties/Counsel in respect of cases under his Management.
- Supervises the preparation and publication of Notice of Registration of New Applications in the official journal.
- Supervision of other subordinate staff.
- Prepares for hearings in accordance with the Rules, Protocol, Practice direction and instructions to the Chief Registrar.
- Attends and assist superior officers during Court sessions, by writing minutes of proceedings in the Record Book during Court session.
- Issue certified True Copy of Orders, Rulings and Judgments.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of Bachelor Degree in Law.
- Possession of higher Degree in Law (Master degree in Law) would be an advantage
- Five (5) years relevant professional experience, including three (3) years relevant International experience in a Court Registry.
- Possession of higher Degree would be an advantage.
- Experience in a variety of private and public institutions preferably in a multi-cultural setting and in an international institution would be an advantage.
- Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS Member States. This is not applied for internal candidates
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCES
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and install a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards.
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences;
- Ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbias and transparent manner.
- Ability to seek out best practices to make organizational decisions of relevance to diversity management, ensuring that project and program activities identify vulnerable areas and contain systemic checks.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.