Applications should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assists the Chief Registrar by providing essential services in the performance of his official functions.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Chief Registrar in the performance of his official functions.
- Conduct Legal Research for the Chief Registrar
- Draft Paper presentations for the Chief Registrar
- To maintain the Chief Registrar’s Diaries, schedule appointments, correspondence and perform legal tasks in the office of the Chief Registrar.
- To assist the Chief Registrar in drafting memoranda and in carrying out legal research.
- To assist the Chief Registrar in proofreading documents.
- To maintain Chief Registrar’s Case files.
- Maintain Dockets of Legal Texts and Instruments in the Office of the Chief Registrar.
- Assist the Chief Registrar in monitoring the execution of Orders of Court such as compilation of cost, computation of compensations/Damages and Issuance of Witness Summons.
- Track and follow up on time limits as ordered by Court and report to the Chief Registrar accordingly.
- Assist the Chief Registrar in maintaining all Court Records.
- Assist the Chief Registrar in monitoring the caseload management.
- Collate and keep custody of all Institutional Statistics and Records for the Chief Registrar.
- Maintain and Keep Custody of Court Orders and Exhibits for the Chief Registrar.
- Assist in maintaining the Minute of Proceedings of Court sessions for the Chief Registrar.
- Keeps custody of the Institutional Seal for the Chief Registrar.
- Draw up and maintain forms and precedents for the Chief Registrar.
- Carryout tasks as assigned by the Chief Registrar.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of University Degree in Law.
- Possession of higher Degree would be an advantage.
- Three (3) years relevant professional experience, including three (2) years relevant International experience.
- Experience in a variety of private and public institutions preferably in a multi-cultural setting and in an international institution would be an advantage
- Candidates should not be over 50 years old at the point of recruitment and must be a citizen of one of the ECOWAS Member States. This is not applied for internal candidates
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCIES
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
- Ability to proactively interact with users (lawyers) and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with users/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned users/lawyers service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences;
- Ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an unbiased and transparent manner.
- Ability to seek out best practices to make organizational decisions of relevance to diversity management, ensuring that project and program activities identify vulnerable areas and contain systemic checks.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies (ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify, organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required.