Applications should be sent to: email@example.com
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Administration and Human Resources, the incumbent is to undertake the required procurement activities for the implementation of programs and projects in line with the ECOWAS Procurement Procedures. He/she is responsible for developing, managing and fully implementing the annual procurement plan of the Community Court of Justice and ensuing value for money.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare a comprehensive Annual Procurement Plan for ECOWAS Court.
- Ensure the execution of the procurement activities according to the approved Procurement Plan.
- Prepare bidding documents, contracts, terms of reference, purchase orders, suppliers’ bills and other procurement documents.
- Ensure that requisitions are proactively identified and met.
- Keep track of the status of each procurement process– from request to delivery or receipt by the requester – ensuring that priorities are met.
- In liaison with Finance, ensure timely funding, and/or resolution of any funding issues in relation to procurement activities.
- Develop a detailed level of material knowledge for designated ranges of products within allocated groups of products/materials.
- Maintain awareness of market conditions, including source lists, price, availability and competitiveness and ensure that costs are fair and reasonable prior to approving any purchase.
- Check specifications for goods and Terms of reference for services ensuring compliance with set standards, regulations, procedures and process requisition in accordance with ECOWAS and donor policies and procedures for Goods, where applicable.
- Maintains adequate vendor documentation and/or specifications on sources of supply, costs, delivery, vendor performance ratings, and quality requirements.
- Analyze all requisition documentation for proper material descriptions, budget authorization and cost center conformity.
- Prepare periodic, quarterly, annual procurement reports covering service ordering, order tracking, purchase orders and contracts, service order delivery scheduling and costs.
- Establish a performance monitoring database for all suppliers and consultants, and ensure efficiency and timeliness in the delivery of outputs from services providers.
- Establish and maintain a central procurement filing system, and ensure all related documents are included in the respective files, to ensure ease of retrieval of information.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business administration, public administration, commerce, supply chain, law, or a related field from a recognized university.
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience in procurement activities, administration, or a related area;
- Experience working in a finance unit in an International Organization, NGO, or Multilateral Aid Agencies or equivalent, would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of procurement policies, processes, and procedures and of purchasing techniques; good judgement and knowledge of financial rules and regulations would be an advantage; ability to research and gather information from a variety of sources.
- Ability to research, collect, record, and preserve all relevant internal control measures and information (including electronic format) ensuring that a comprehensive information chain is established and maintained.
- Knowledge of all operational processes to identify and evaluate weaknesses in surveillance controls; ability to strengthen processes to actively mitigate/eliminate potential for non-compliance and breech of ethics; ability to create pattern analysis and statistical models of processes and controls to detect anomalies/weaknesses.
- Be below 50 years old. This provision does not apply to internal candidates.
ECOWAS KEY COMPETENCES
- Ability to persuade/influence others to consider a certain point of view, adopt a new idea or implement new methods and practices;
- Ability to lead a team of trainees/junior staff and instill a spirit of teamwork to engage employees and achieve a well-defined set of activities;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Ability to resolve challenges that occur with minimal direction and/or to recommend and explain solutions or alternatives for approval;
- Ability to utilize the Code of Ethics to manage self, others, information and resources;
- Ability to mentor others and create feedback loops with supervisors, colleagues and the subordinates to build strong working relationships and improve performance.
- Contribute to maintaining organizational unit’s performance goals and standards.
- Interpersonal skills with ability to keep a client informed of progress or setbacks in projects of relevance to timeline, quality and quantity;
ability to proactively interact with clients and build strong trusting relationships based on mutual respect and regular discussions;
- Ability to establish and sustain professional credibility with clients/stakeholders in a manner that anticipates their need, mitigates issues and that carefully balances professional obligations with the need to be sensitive and responsive to their needs;
- Ability to counsel, advise, consult and guide others on matters pertaining to assigned client service responsibilities and established client service standards;
- Demonstrate respect for cultural differences, fairness and ability to relate well with people from varied backgrounds, nationality, gender, ethnicity, race and religion;
- Understanding of diverse cultural views especially within West Africa, with sensitivity to group differences; ability to challenge bias and to practice tolerance and empathy;
- Ability to listen actively, consider people’s concerns and apply judgement, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work in a diverse and inclusive interactive environment that benefits from diverse strengths;
- Ability and responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to encourage, empower, and advocate for people in an un-bias and transparent manner.
- Ability to seek out best practices to make organizational decisions of relevance to diversity management, ensuring that project and program activities identify vulnerable areas and contain systemic checks.
- Knowledge of ECOWAS institutions, sectors, programs and policies;
- Knowledge of ECOWAS internal operational requirements of programs, projects, services and systems required to achieve work assignments and meet performance goals;
- Knowledge of rules and procedures of ECOWAS associated assigned responsibilities and ability to explain these clearly to others;
- Knowledge of the ECOWAS culture, structures and performance issues and priorities impacting assigned responsibilities;
- Knowledge of member states development trends, indicators, challenges and opportunities as it relates to project/program assigned to own position.
- Ability to study data/information from a variety of sources, identify anomalies, trends and issues, present findings, and make recommendations;
- Ability to break down problems or processes into key parts to identify and solve gaps in service, quality assurance, compliance and performance targets;
- Knowledge of and ability to apply techniques to generate creative ideas and new approaches to meeting goals;
- Ability to use evidence and research to inform policies and programs and identify relevant and appropriate sources of information, including stakeholders, regional institutions and/or internal committees.
- Demonstrate operational computer proficiency using appropriate tools;
- Ability to make sound use of graphics and tables to effectively present numerical data to write semi-complex technical reports/proposals and edit/check templates, letters, etc.
- Ability to convey information clearly and concisely in a succinct and organized manner through both writing and verbal means;
- Exhibit interpersonal skills, make presentations, express opinions and debate ideas with others in a constructive manner;
- Ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner;
- Proficiency in information communication technologies(ICT);
- Fluency in oral and written expressions in one of the ECOWAS official languages of the Community (English, French & Portuguese). Knowledge of an additional one will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop, implement an individual action plan for achieving specific work goals;
- Identify ,organize and monitor tasks throughout to facilitate execution;
- Ability to contribute and/or lead on projects as per accepted project management standards and techniques, to co-ordinate contributions by others to set and meet deadlines;
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, and work within timelines, giving attention to details, stakeholders, indicators and risks;
- Ability to identify, collect and assess indicators to monitor performance and to take proactive remedial action as required